How to Eat Healthy at a Fast Food Restaurant?
We don’t have to be experts to know that fast food is harmful for our health. However, there are some moments in our life when we are in a position where we must eat in fast food restaurant. For example you forgot your lunch pack or you are on the road without proper food with you. This is the list of foods that you don’t need to worry about:
- Grilled Chicken: The chicken is full with low-fat proteins, so there is no chance for weight gain. If you care about how much carbs you are consuming than just don’t eat the bun. Avoid cheese and mayo in chicken sandwiches.
- Salad: When you have to choose what type of salad to eat pick some salad that is reach with proteins like broiled chicken. Some salads can be full with calories much more than other foods. Avoid cheese and salad dressing if the dressing of the salad is not light.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are healthy and there is no reason to worry about them. You can eat the roasted or steamed.
- Hamburger: If you eat a single-patty there is no reason to be scared from hamburgers. They are low in fat and are not harmful as the sauce in them. Try not to eat mayo or barbecue sauce and use ketchup instead. Also you can add vegetables to get more nutrients.
- Baked Potato: If you avoid all the toppings you are fine. Baked potato has a lot of potassium, vitamin C and fiber. Baked potato can lower your blood pressure and it’s a healthy option.
You should avoid anything that is fried in fast food restaurant and to avoid any sugary drink and desserts. From desserts you can choose only fresh fruit or fat-free frozen yogurt. And finally, never order larger portion.