Here’s How To Treat And Prevent Gout And Joint Pain Naturally
Uric acid is a compound found in our body which is not dangerous if its levels are kept in check. However, high uric acid levels can trigger the development of gout and cause severe pain. When the levels of uric acid in your blood are too high, it can crystallize in the joints, resulting in unbearable pain and causing joint inflammation which will lead to gout.
Gout is an inflammatory disease and metabolic disorder which occurs because of excess accumulation of uric acid in the legs and joints. It manifests through severe pain and even an inability to move in more serious cases. Swelling and inflammation are also common symptoms of gout. The condition is medically known as hyperuricemia and is closely related to kidney problems.
Wondering what the kidneys have to do with gout? Studies have established a link between the two as many gout patients were also suffering from improper kidney function. When there’s too much toxins and chemicals in the blood, the kidneys can easily get overwhelmed and lose their function, resulting in the accumulation of uric acid. Over time, the high levels of the compound will begin crystallizing in the joints, leading to gout and unbearable pain.
Luckily, you don’t need to take pills or undergo invasive treatments in order to eliminate the excess uric acid in your joints. In fact, you only need to make a few lifestyle and dietary changes in order to speed up the elimination process. Start eating fresh fruits and veggie more often, add some lean meat and fish in your diet and avoid sugar, processed food and alcohol and you should be fine. Increasing your water intake can also help, as proper hydration is important for proper elimination.
Here are a few other tips:
- Drinking lemon water will neutralize the uric acid in your joints and create an alkaline environment in your body. This will prevent the crystallization of uric acid and treat the pain;
- ACV is similar to lemon water due to its alkaline properties. Drink a bit of ACV in a glass of water every day and you should prevent the problem;
- Baking soda is one of the best natural alkalizing ingredients. Add a teaspoon in a glass of water and drink it every day to prevent the crystallization of the acid and the development of gout;
- Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that can relieve the inflammation and swelling in your joints and stop the pain;
- Eating pineapples can help as well, as they contain a lot of bromelain, a rare and powerful anti-inflammatory agent;
- Flaxseeds are rich in fiber and other compounds which can prevent the accumulation of uric acid in your joints;
As you can see, there are many remedies which can help reduce the uric acid in your joints and stop the severe pain. Try them for yourself and we guarantee you’ll feel much better soon!